In our on-going effort to help students with career choices, the High School Guidance Office is compiling a database of information on alumni who are willing to be contacted by current students who have questions about particular careers. The alumni will be used as a resource to learn about different facets of the job they currently hold.
Questions concerning this program can be directed to Lori Phillips, Guidance Counselor, at email@example.com.
Alumni Career Form
Please fill out the Alumni Career Information form below. Thank you for your help!
- Click to see a larger version Tom Striffler, 2011 Distinguished Alumnus 1970 graduate of Caro High School; Bachelors of Industrial Administration degree from General Motors Institute (Kettering University); Industrial Engineer with General Motors & Delphi; Member of the Caro Village Planning Commission; Member of the Village Council; Village President; Mayor of Caro; Member of the Caro Rotary Club; Executive Board Chair of the Tuscola County Economic Development & Enterprise Facilitator Project; Has coached Caro Little League and Caro High School softball; 2008 honoree as "Caro Citizen of the Year"
- Click to see a larger version Dr. Alice Phipps Whiren, 2010 Distinguished Alumnus 1959 graduate of Caro High School; Bachelors degree from Michigan State University in Home Economics; Masters degree from Montana State University in Home Economics; Specialists degree in Early Childhood; PhD from Michigan State University in Family Ecology; Author of books on the topics of guiding children's social development and learning, developmentally appropriate curriculum in early childhood, and conversations with teachers and parents: working with children with special needs; Contributing editor for Young Children, the professional journal for the Association for the Education of Young Children
- Click to see a larger version Lester l. (Skip) Binder, 1992 Distinguished Alumnus 1968 graduate of Caro High School; Graduate of Yale University; Associate Professor of Cell Biology; Associate Professor of Neurology; Associate Scientist in the Neurobiology Research Center; Associate Scientist of the Gregory Fleming James Cystic Fibrosis Center; Senior Scientist in the Alzheimer's Disease Center; Co-authored more than 40 articles in scientific publications; Member of the Editorial Advisory Board of the journal: Alzheimer's Disease & Associated Disorders
- Click to see a larger version Dale E. Colling, 1991 Distinguished Alumnus 1969 graduate of Caro High School; 1973 Bachelor of Arts Degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Michigan; Branstrom Freshman Prize for academic excellence; Phi Beta Kappa honors fraternity; 1976 Juris Doctor degree with honors from Harvard Law School; Senior partner in the law firm of Mayer, Brown and Platt; Involved with Boy Scouts of America, St. Chrysosthoms Church, Harvard Law School Fund and the Latin School of Chicago; Owner and Managing Director of Tandem Partners Incorporated
- Click to see a larger version Judge Richard F. Kern, 1990 Distinguished Alumnus 1946 graduate of Caro High School; High School Class Valedictorian; BA in Business from the University of Michigan; Juris Degree in 1955 from Wayne State University; Partner in Kern & Kern Law Firm for 12 years; 1968 elected District Judge for Tuscola County; Superintendent of St. Paul's Lutheran Sunday School; President of the United Fund Board; Past President of the Caro Jaycees
- Click to see a larger version Dr. Diane Newkirk Gillespie, 1989 Distinguished Alumnus 1962 graduate of Caro High School; Director of Special Education for the State of Florida; Bachelors Degree from Michigan State University; Doctorate Degree from Virginia Polytechnic; Worked as a Special Education Teacher; Has worked as a Lecturer, Supervisor and Director of Services for the Handicapped
- Click to see a larger version Maurice C. Ransford, 1988 Distinguished Alumnus 1922 graduate of Caro High School; LLB Degree from Wayne State University; Practicing Attorney Since 1929; Caro Rotary Club past President; Andrews Foundation original member; Member of the Caro Presbyterian Church; National Republican Convention Delegate; Tuscola County Prosecuting Attorney 1931-1936; Caro Community Hospital Board Member; Michigan Hospital Service Trustee
- Click to see a larger version Harry E. Schubel, 1987 Distinugished Alumnus 1940 graduate of Caro High School; 1949 graduate of Central Michigan University; Received a Master's Degree from the University of Michigan in 1961; Decorated WWII Army Air Force Veteran; Educational Career spanned 37 years; Served as Caro Councilman and on the Recreation Commission; Retired in 1987 as Caro Assistant Superintendent
- Click to see a larger version Gladys Galloway, 1986 Distinguished Alumnus 1936 graduate of Caro High School; Prepared as a teacher at Tuscola County Normal & at Central Michigan University; Member of the International Board of Trustees of People to People International; Honored as Caro's "Citizen of the Year"; Led People to People Delegation to China and Europe; Past President of the International Porcelain Art Teachers; Active in the Caro Garden Club and church functions; Author of several books on Painting
- Click to see a larger version Alison Green, 1985 Distinguished Alumnus 1929 graduate of Caro High School; Former State Representative, Majority Floor Leader and Speaker of the House; 1965-1978: Treasurer of the State of Michigan; Past Superintendent of Columbiaville Public Schools; 1935 graduate of Central Michigan University; Member of the United Methodist Church and Royal Arch Masons
- Click to see a larger version Dr. Harold Donahue, 1984 Distinguished Alumnus 1923 graduate of Caro High School; Active in Football, Basketball and Track; Graduated from the University of Michigan; Michigan's First Big Ten Wrestling Champion; Graduated from Medical School in 1931; Began Cass City Medical Practice in 1933