Helping You Help Your Kids
What We Do
- Equipment Purchases: We use the bulk of our funds to buy equipment that the school couldn't otherwise afford, often in conjunction with the Caro Education Fund. Smartboards, iPads, classroom printers, and playground equipment are just a few of things we've purchased in recent years.
- Social and Educational Events: Dances, Cookies With Santa, and Science Alive are just a few of the events we'll host throughout the year. Anything we can do to supplement the curriculum or foster stronger community relationships will ultimately pay big dividends in the long run.
- Communication: We're your eyes, ears, and voice at the school. We'll keep you abreast of what's happening at the school and if you have any concerns, we can help get them addressed.
Why We Do It
Your involvement in your children's education will have a greater impact on their long-term success than any other factor. Our purpose is to maximize that impact by working together.
How You Can Stay in the Loop
How You Can Participate
Volunteer by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out a pledge sheet in the school office. It doesn't matter if you prefer to work with kids, adults, computers, or heavy objects; there's always something you can do to help us help your children. And the good news is that all we need is 2 hours of your time each year so even the busiest among us can squeeze it in.
As an added bonus, each volunteer gets a free family swim pass valued at up to $18.
How You Can Help Financially
- Cookie dough: Our fall and spring fundraisers account for 70% of our annual budget.
- Donations: We understand that not everyone feels comfortable selling fundraiser items, so direct donations are also greatly appreciated. Checks made out to McComb PTO can be mailed (303 N. Hooper St.) or dropped off at the school office at any time.
- Retail fundraisers: VG's, Spartan, Betty Crocker, Campbells, Tyson, and Coke all provide incentives for collecting proof of purchases. They can be dropped off at the school office.
Who are the Current Board Member
President: Nichole Walters
Vice-President: Kiley Nichol
Secretary: Katie Skelton
Treasurer: Jana Ferree
Trustee: Haley Larkin
Trustee: Stacey Sawyer