We are pleased to announce that Caro Community Schools will be participating in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) as part of the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs for the School Year 2022-2023.

The GREAT NEWS is that ALL students enrolled at our school can receive a healthy breakfast and lunch each day at NO CHARGE to your household.

Each household is asked to complete, sign and return the Education Benefit Report. This form will be sent home from school with each student.  The Education Benefit Report is critical in determining the funding that our school receives from a variety of State and Federal supplemental programs.  We no longer use the Free and Reduced-Price Meal Application.

P-EBT Card Information

One of the benefits of  becoming a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) school is that every child in our school district should receive a P-EBT card regardless of income status.  

Federal law allows States to implement a temporary program called Pandemic-Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT), which provides eligible children with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits. Preschool (Pre-K) through 12th grade students within eligible school buildings who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals through the National School Lunch Program, School breakfast Program, or Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) may be eligible for P-EBT benefits.  

The P-EBT card will arrive via US Mail and may be used by parents to purchase food at major grocery chains, convenience stores, and Walmart/Target stores that accept EBT cards. A separate card will be sent for each student.  Amazon and Walmart offer online grocery purchasing using the P-EBT card as well. At this time, funds on the P-EBT card are a one-time opportunity. Should this change, we will be sure to inform parents.

Parents may check the balance by calling the EBT customer service number (888) 678-8914 or navigating to: www.ebtedge.com.

Should you not need or want the P-EBT card, as there is no requirement to use it.


Due to new State of Michigan regulations, if your student cannot have milk or any milk products due to an allergy or sensitivity, the school requires a signed doctor’s note stating that the student cannot have any milk or milk products at school.  If you want juice to be the replacement for milk, the doctor’s note must include a request which states “100% juice” for the replacement.  If the school does not have a signed doctor’s note, the student will be offered water as a replacement. 

If a doctor has determined that your child has a disability and the disability would prevent the child from eating the regular school meal, the school will make any substitutions prescribed by a doctor at no extra charge.  The doctor’s statement, including prescribed diet and/or substitutions, must be submitted to the Food Service Department at your school.  

In the case of a staff member or student who has an allergy note from their doctor for the current year an alternative item will be given.  

A Food Allergy Action Plan form can be obtained from the Health Coordinator at Schall School.  For more information please contact Janet Weijola, Food Service Director, at 989-673-3165, ext 1901.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement 
    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 
    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. 
    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: program.intake@usda.gov. 
    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.