Caro Alternative High school is on a trimester calendar with four (4) class periods a day with three (3) trimesters for the school year.
The Board may adopt graduation requirements beyond the minimums set forth by the State Board of Education.
Graduation Requirements for the Class of 2016 and beyond:
- Be enrolled in a full day schedule during grades 9-12. Exceptions must be approved by the director and/or Board of Education.
- Earn a total of 22 credits to graduate.
- Earn the required credits in the following areas:
- Four (4) credits of English
- One (1) credit of Speech or Debate
- One-half (1/2) credit of Physical Education
- One-half (1/2) credit of Health
- Four (4) credits of Math which must include Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, and one additional math or math related credit. Students must take a math or math-related course in the senior year. Math-related classes include: Advanced Chemistry, Accounting, Chemistry, and Physics if not counted as a science credit, and several Tuscola Technology Center classes.
- Three (3) credits of Science which must include Biology, Chemistry, or Physics, and one additional science credit
- Three (3) credits of Social Studies to include: American History, Government/Economics, and world history.
- One (1) credit of Visual, Performing, or Applied Art
- One-half (1/2) credit of computer education
- Two (2) credits of a single Foreign Language
- Take the required state assessment, MSTEP, as determined by Caro Alternative High School.