Caro High School is on a trimester calendar with five (5) class periods a day with three (3) trimesters for the school year.
The Board may adopt graduation requirements beyond the minimums set forth by the State Board of Education.
Graduation Requirements for the Class of 2013 and beyond:
- Be enrolled in a full day schedule during grades 9-12. Exceptions must be approved by the Principal and/or Board of Education.
- Earn a sufficient number of credits for full time enrollment for 4 years. A two credit leeway is given.
- To receive a Diploma, students must earn the required credits in the following areas prior to graduation:
- Four (4) credits of English.
- Four (4) credits of Math which must include Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, and one additional math or math related credit. Students must take math or math related course in their senior year. Math related classes include: Chemistry, Advanced Chemistry, Physics (if not counted as Science credit), Accounting and several Tuscola Technology Center classes.
- Three (3) credits of Science which must include Biology, Chemistry or Physics, and one additional science credit.
- Three (3) credits of Social Studies to include: American History, Government/Economics, senior social studies to be selected from one of the following: AP Government, AP European History, AP Economics, AP American History or Global Studies.
- Two (2) credits of Foreign Language in one Language (Class of 2016 and beyond).
- One (1) credit of Visual, Performing or Applied Art.
- One (1) credit of Speech or Debate.
- One-half (1/2) credit of Physical Education.
- One-half (1/2) credit of Health.
- One-half (1/2) credit of Computer Education.
- Take the required State assessment (Michigan Merit Exam or MI Access) as determined by Caro High School.